Photographs of Granny White Pike in 1935
Granny White Pike in 1935
Riders on Granny White Pike in 1935
Photographs of the Nashville Battlefield in the 1880s

Shy's Hill


The Bradford House


Looking southwest of Granny White Pike


Peach Orchard Hill


Travellers Rest Plantation


Looking south toward the Brentwood Hills, possibly from the Lea Farm.


Lealand Residence

Original photograph of Lea-Davis Residence, "Lealand." Address: 1039 Tyne Boulevard. George W. Thompson 1889-1890. "Two red brick auxiliary buildings of the estate of the late Judge John M. Lea have been united and restored as a residence by the Rev. and Mrs. Paschall Davis. A 35-room mansion and auxiliary buildings, called Lealand, were built here in 1884, and the home was rebuilt following a fire three years later. Made of handmade brick faced with brown sandstone, Lealand had its own waterworks, gasworks and fire fighting equipment. Closed for 25 years beginning in 1912, Lealand was demolished in 1940 when the estate was subdivided. The home was built by Judge John M. Lea and his wife, the former Elizabeth Overton, daughter of Judge John Overton." Excerpt from Nashville: A Short History and Selected Buildings, copyright 1974 by the Historic Commission of Metropolitan Nashville - Davidson County, Tennessee.


Mailing Address:
Battle of Nashville Preservation Society, Inc. PO Box 190493 Nashville TN 37219

Contact Us

Back to BONPS Home Page